Connected cam ushers in a new era of quality and connectivity
The GY-HC900 is a unique and innovative broadcast camcorder that makes no compromises in image quality while offering a level of connectivity not found elsewhere. It features three 2/3-inch CMOS image sensors that deliver high sensitivity, low noise and wide dynamic range. It's equipped with a new powerful communications engine that truly makes News-over-IP a reality with a streamlined ENG workflow that's both reliable and cost effective. And it offers a comprehensive fiber solution for advanced EFP and studio installations.
Main featuresSuperb Camera
- Three advanced 2/3-inch CMOS image sensors for high sensitivity: F12 @ 60Hz (extended mode)
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) (Hybrid Log Gamma)
- Industry standard B4 lens mount
- Signal-to-noise ratio 62dB (standard)
- Dual SDXC media recording
- 50 Mbps 4:2:2 10-bit recording (H.264)
- Standard MPEG-2 recording up to 35 Mbps
- 1080p slow motion recording (120fps)
- Records Sports Exchange Standard formats (1080/720p)
- Advanced low latency (< 500 ms) streaming up to 20Mbps (H.264)
- Stream camera or pool feed signal
- Zixi error correction with automatic repeat request (ARQ)
- SMPTE 2022 forward error correction
- Remote control via web browser or RM-LP100
- IFB audio
- Return video (IP or SDI)
- Progressive FTP for transfer of live video
Extraordinay cámera performance
The heart of the GY-HC900 is a production-quality imaging system that begins with a B4 mount lens. The camera adapts to a variety of lenses and automatically corrects for aberration. Three 2/3-inch CMOS sensors, combined with an F1.4 prism, produce full HD images with excellent sensitivity of F12 at 60Hz (extended mode) and a high SNR of 62dB (standard). JVC has paid particular attention to dynamic range and provides an HDR mode for expanded creative expression.
A 4-position optical filter compensates for a variety of lighting conditions. Positions are: 1 (clear), 2 (1/4 ND), 3 (1/16 ND), and 4 (1/64 ND).
The Industry's most Connected camera
JVC has taken connectivity to the next level with the GY-HC900. The camera incorporates a new processing engine that enables recording and low latency streaming, and simultaneous decoding for return video and IFB. Talent in front of the camera can engage in a 2-way interview with return video and audio while streaming live to air—all of this without any external boxes or backpacks. Depending on the mode, latency can be as low as 500ms for both outgoing and incoming video. Cellular bonding takes place with the optional snap-on SFM-CAM2 module, or with a Wi-Fi connection to one of our bridge units.
The GY-HC900 is equipped with Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) Wi-Fi technology for high speed, long range communications.
For studio and EFP operation, JVC offers the flexible FS-900 camera module which attaches directly without cables and feeds a 3-in-1 base station.